Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pumpkin Buttermilk Waffles

When I turned 15, I got a waffle maker for my birthday.  I loved waffles, and I still do. 

My 17 month old son also loves waffles.  He will ask for them. 
Boy, was he in heaven yesterday when I made these pumkin buttermilk waffles. 
Actually, all my kids liked them.  Even my daughter who SWORE she wouldn't. 

These are good. 

Just look at them, yummy. 


Pumpkin Buttermilk Waffles

1 cup plus 2 Tbs flour
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs- yolk separated
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 Tbs melted butter

Combine all dry ingredients and stir to combine. 
 In separate bowl whip egg whites still stiff peaks form. 
In third bowl, combine pumpkin, buttermilk, egg yollks, and butter.  Beat these wet ingredients together, then add dry ingredients and beat again. 
Fold in egg whites. 

Makes 4 waffles.

Pour or spoon into hot waffle iron and cook til crisp, or desired doneness. 

Maple syrup is good, but we ate these with buttermilk syrup and cinnamon nutmeg syrup and they were fantastic!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment