Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

So, I love pumpkin, but is has taken me a while to feel that way.  I used to really not like, at all, pumpkin pie.  (GASP!)  I know, crazy, right?  Well, I finally came around. 

There are so many pumpkin foods out there.  I gonna try and bring you a bunch of my favorites before Thanksgiving, and maybe after, because hey, pumpkin shouldn't only be enjoyed before Thanksgiving. 


Pumpkin Bread

My family LOVES this recipe, especially my kids. 
These loaves go quick at our house.


Ingredients
5 eggs
1 1/4 cups oil
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (not pie filling)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 packages 'cook and serve' vanllia pudding mix (3 oz size)
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Beat eggs in large mixing bowl.  Add oil and pumpkin and beat til fully combined. 
In medium sized bowl stir together all remaining ingredients (all the dry stuff). 
Gradually add the dry ingredients mixture to the pumpkin mixture.  Beating after each addition to fully incorporate. 

Pour batter into loaf pans, 2 normal sized pans, OR 5 mini loaf pans. 
Bake at 325 degrees.
If using 2 normal sized pans, bake for 75-80 minutes. 
For mini pans bake for 50-55 minutes.
Use a toothpick inserted in the center to check if they are done. 
The toothpick should come out clean when they are fully cooked.   

No comments:

Post a Comment