Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yarn Wreath

My first yarn wreath.  I love how it turned out.  One of my favorite colors is orange.  Especially in this shade.  One of the reasons I love fall so much! 




I used a straw wreath and left the plastic wrap on it.  If you want a smoother look I would recommend a foam wreath.  This has some bumps and I had to wrap some places more than once to get full coverage. 

I used an off-white felt for the flowers.  I cut circles and then cut those into a spiral.  Then start rolling from one end.  This was my first time making these flowers as well, but they were fun. 

Lastly, a few green ribbons as leaves, and some buttons or smaller felt flower in a different color for the flower centers, and there you have it. 

I also like how it looks against my black door. 



Inspiration came from here.  Someone way more talented than me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment